Trebinje is the southernmost city of Bosnia and Herzegovina. It was first mentioned in the X century, as „Tribunia“ and since then, it was an important strategic location. Although very small, the city exudes warmth making you feel like you are at home. With its beautiful architecture and almost ancient surrounding scenery, Trebinje is a perfect filming location.
The following locations in Trebinje can easily be used as such:
- The River Trebišnjica with its romantic waterfront and a sidewalk, can be crossed on five bridges one of which is made of stone.
- Due to the Ottoman and Austro-Hungarian Empire that ruled the town, Trebinje’s architecture is discreetly interwoven between the two styles.
- The part in the Old town with two mosques can easily resemble any other city in the orient.
- Strač is a very impressive and mysterious underground complex with its 365 rooms built by Austro-Hungarians. Though it’s out of use and closed to visitors, its creepy exterior offers a breathtaking view along with the Old town.
- Interiors of different public buildings such as museums or hotels.
- Public park – huge with different monuments in it.
- The town square with its famous trees called “Platani”.
- The hills outside of the city offer a breathtaking view of the whole Trebinje. Here is a church called Hercegovačka Gračanica.
- Various coffee shops and the city shopping mall offer a more modern look.
- Other parts of town also offer both Mediterranean and Socialist style.
Hotels are very pleasant and in the city center which makes everything on a walking distance. Dubrovnik and the international airport is only a half hour drive away.
Trebinje has already been used as a film location before and in the following films:
- The Best– movie
- Ranjeni Orao– TV Series
- Circles– movie (based on a true story)
- On the Milky Road– movie
Take a look at Zvornik movie locations.