Loznica – Movie Locations Guide
Loznica is a Serbian municipality located in western part of the country. Is located 139 km west of Belgrade. The municipality includes the 55 settlements and most notably are the city Loznica, Tršić and Banja Koviljača.
- Factory Viskoza is an industrial complex in the center of the city. It was built in 1957 and now it is out of function. The whole environment of the factory represents the perfect film location for the action genre. Some parts of it can look like a prison
- Vukov dom, building from 1937. It was built in the center of the city
- Very near the city is the river Drina with its beautiful waterfront.
- Here you will find the remains of the old fortifications and towns, and the most famous is the town of Trojan (the fort from the third century)
- Tršić – ethnic village. If your movie is about Serbia in the XIX century, then this is the right place for shooting because Tršić village contains traditional Serbian houses. Here you will find examples of folk architecture. Back then architecture was dependent on materials from the natural environment.
- Banja Koviljača is a popular tourist town and spa. It is the oldest spa in Serbia. The construction was completed during the 1920s and 1930s. Interesting movie locations can be found here:
– Luxurious hotels and villas with amazing architecture
– Beautifully designed park that connects all of the spas structures with magnificent fountain in the center
– Building of the king Peter’s bath from 1908
– The spa hall Kur-Salon is the facility of fascinating beauty. Its interior still reflects the spirit of past times, especially from 1932 whan it was built. Kur-Salon had the first gambling house in the Balkans. It certainly can represents New York from that time.
- Tronoša monastery, 17 kilometers far from Loznica. The monastery’s church was completed in 1317. The monastery has been rebuilt several times. The most recent reconstruction was in 1961. Today, it is transformed into a museum.
Accommodation capacity will fulfill your need and you will be satisfied with service and quality as well as with tasteful Serbian food.
Photographs were made by Ivana Trifković.