Leskovac – Movie Locations Blog
Leskovac is a city in southern Serbia. It is located 245 km from Belgrade, it is less than three hours drive away, due to the highway E-75. Leskovac has its own railway station – international trains travelling from Europe to Skoplje and Athens pass through this city. There is an airport very close to Leskovac, just 45 km away. It is Constantine the Great airport in Niš. It is very important transit centre, linking Southern Europe (Greece), North-Western Europe via Belgrade, the Adriatic Sea via Priština, and the Black Sea and the Euro-Asian corridor via Sophia.
With all of this Leskovac represents unique transportation hub perfect for a movie location. Locations that you can use for a movie are:
- The municipality of Leskovac lies in the valley bordered by the Babić mountain, Seličevica and Mt. Krušecica. On the western edge are the Radan and Čemernik mountains. One of the most famous hills is the Hisar Hill, perfect spot for an amazing view over the city.
- The Veternica river flows through the center of Leskovac . Quite near is Južna (South) Morava River with its wild beauty. In Leskovac surroundings you can find three beautiful and artificial lakes – Brestovačko, Barje and Vlasinsko Jezero. It can be used for a romantic sunset.
- The Canyon of the Vučjanka River is still unseen in a movie. The Vučjanka river forms wonderful canals, waterfalls (about 70) by flowing through cliffs of the Kukavica Mountain. At the center of the canyon is one of the oldest hydroelectric power plant in the Balkans, named „Vučje“.
- Hydroelectric power plant „Vučje“ was built in 1903 and still operates today. Architecture of this building can represent an old country house by river.
- Here you can find an ancient water driven mills. There is a belief that the mythical creatures from the Serbian folklore fantasy gather around a watermill in the night. So, this can be used as an element for your horror movie.
- Justiniana Prima was a Byzantine city from the VI century and represents one of the most important archaeological site in Serbia. It is 30 km far from Leskovac.
- Inkol, Leteks, Rul, Utenzilija are just some of the abandoned factory complex in Leskovac. Here you can find perfect surrounding for crime action
- Hippodrome in Leskovac is one of the best in Serbia.
Hotel accommodation capacity, with superior quality, will satisfy your demand. We are recommending ABC Hotel Leskovac.
Photographs were made by Milica Dimić.
Take a look at Velika Plana move locations.